Thursday, July 10, 2008

FACETS- 30 yrs of Jul Dizon Jewellery

July 9 was a milestone for us for we celebrated 30 years of jewellery making and designing called FACETS- 30 Years of Jul Dizon Jewellery

The Idea:

5 Dizon women with the help of top interior designers created 5 different vignettes. Mom's was a lush tropical Garden, Candy's was an Alice in Wonderland theme, Lucille's was Modern Oriental while Ginny's was a modern Filipino. Mine was an ode to Modern Art. Collaborating with me is Mel La'o of Independent Studio. I must say that sometimes how we perceive design in our heads doesn't turn out the same in reality. I am happy to say that this event surpassed all our expectations!

Forgive me for posting pics only from my vignette, there were too many people, I didn't even have a chance to go around each and every vignette but I know that it was spectacular!

Many thanks for Stephanie Chong of the Peninsula Manila as well as Exec Chef Adam for creating wonderful food alongside our themes, Kaufman Stones for the flooring, Honeywell for the safes, and Boysen for the paint.

To all who made it, thanks for coming!



The safes were used as installation art (Puey Quinones who did my gown in the background)

My muse Verushkha Go for Video Art


The mockettes that were sooo interesting! All mockettes made by Mel and Erika of Independent Studio.


The tongue in cheek celebrity wall!

' See you at the Oscars indeed!'

The sketch artist who will do kinetic portraiting that...


..you can adorn with jewellery stickers (they were flying off the shelves!)..

.. however way you wish it! Ms IG embellishes hers with a tiara and earrings to match!



Some of the guests:

Stylist par excellance Michael Salientes and Ms. she-who-needs-no-introductions IMA!


My fave people Daphne Doroja-Syjuco, Mai and David Kaufman, and fellow jeweller Paul Syjuco.

Ms. IG and her sis in law EC!


Lorraine Belmonte of Mega and my wonderful artistic Mom whom we love so much- Jul Dizon!

Ms. Mia Borromeo of Tatler Magazine and Mr. Junie Rodriguez- another talented interior designer.

Fashion designer extraordinaire Rajo Laurel and his partner Nix Alanon (they were so dapper!)

My bosom buddies, Dorothy Neri and Mitzi Pangilinan-de Guzman


My muse Verushkha G and Grace Bagatsing with friends


The Dizon women with the Godfather!

The best is yet to come!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool booth - could have been in Berlin:)