Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Turning Japanese..

We interrupt my jewellery blog to insert my trip to the uber luxurious city of Tokyo!

I don't normally blog about other things besides jewellery but this trip of mine to Tokyo was super fun! Tokyo for me is a city that spells L-U-X-U-R-Y. Great food, people, architecture, and all the shopping! Nowhere in the world will you see Louis Vuitton or Cartier shops in almost every street corner a'la 7-11! If you need a quick LV fix- you don't need to go too far!

Ha ha I have the Imelda Collection bag on the floor (perfect pasalubong!)

Prada Building

love this jewellery store- it's like "you don't have to buy my jewellery" type of facade



Wako storefront (where the Royals shop)


The Mikimoto Building (great architecture!)


in Ginza

can't get any better than this, Cartier and Prada building in the background while a Max Mara truck passes by!


celebrating our anniversary at Beige by Alain Ducasse at the Chanel Building


the interior

Oyster and porcini mushroom cappucino

The starter: scallop with crunchy bits with cognac sauce

Mushroom pasta

Pot a feu vegetable timbale

Steamed cod fish (gosh this is making me hungry)


the beef cheek stew that melts in your mouth

Chanel traditional chocolate dessert (with gold leaf nonetheless)

About to dig in!

the iconic logo as chocolat!



Tokyo wouldn't be as fun if not for my good friend Joey who works at VALEXTRA-
girls, next time you're in Tokyo it's a must to stop by there!





The international symbol of "Hi, we are Japanese!"

No comments: